September 20, 2015

Like whisky? Like chocolate? Mmmmmm!

Close to impossible to answer "no" to both whisky and chocolate! Hope you can join chocolatier, Joanne Mutter, and me on Wednesday, November 4th, for a unique tasting of some fine whiskies paired with awesome chocolate. Check out JoJo CoCo website for all the details for this exciting new event. Tickets really are limited, so don't delay if you would like to take part and pleasure! Contact JoJo CoCo to reserve.
My next whisky tasting at Divinos on Preston Street is Thursday, October 29th. I've selected over 80 unique whiskies over the last few years, for tastings at this great location. You can expect another new set of wonderful whiskies, including an unfair percentage of Single Malt Scotches! If you haven't been to Divinos before for one of our tastings, we'd love to have you join us. The food is, not surprisingly, divine, and we work very hard to create some mouthwatering, memorable pairings of great food and great whisky. This one always sells out, so contact Divinos to reserve tickets. I'll look forward to meeting old friends and new for some more great drams, excellent food and more whisky education. I never run out of things to say!
In a few hours, I'm off to Scotland to reacquaint with my wonderful family, and spend some time in Speyside, where there's a wee Fall whisky festival going on.
Later in the trip, I'll be visiting a very fine winery, producing some of the best sparkling wine anywhere in the world. Camel Valley Winery is in Cornwall, England! Stay tuned for updates.
Back home in Ottawa, I have to give two plugs for amazing places I've just discovered.
El Camino on Elgin Street is my new favourite, fun restaurant. With a great vibe, fantastic, fresh, tasty food, a fun layout, and good looking drinks, this place is worth visiting. The fish tacos are amazing!
La Charrette is Ottawa's new, modern, versatile event space. Check out the link and let loose your imagination. This was the brain child of renowned Italian wine aficionado, Antonio Mauriello, who, with a creative team in the wings, has delivered an exciting new space for intimate Ottawa events.

Yes, we visited Newfoundland this summer and it was a blast! Later in the Fall, I'll  be waxing lyrical about the amazing scenery, wonderful people, great food, and some interesting drinks - other than screech!
 Eh, I should pack now.............
Great chocolate at JoJo CoCo

Cheers! SlĂ inte!